Nautical Gifts For Your Favorite Mariner
Boating is their life.
They relish the time they can get away from work and on the water whether it’s to spend hours whiling away fishing or cruising their favorite waterway. When it comes to holiday gift-giving, what’s on your captain’s wish list?
You don’t need to travel far to find some great gifts for your nautical mate, relative, friend or the colleague whose name you’ve drawn in the office Secret Santa. Stop by Mt. Dora Boating Center & Marina’s Ship Store and peruse our extensive merchandise. While most boat owners have a fully-equipped vessel at this point, your captain would appreciate a gift with a nautical theme, whether it’s tucked into a Christmas stocking or wrapped under the tree. You can’t go wrong with these recommendations:
- Oil change kits. While we recommend you service your boat at our marina, we acknowledge there are plenty of do-it-yourselfers out there. These kits (price depends on size engine) are exclusively made for Yamaha boat engines.
- Fuel gift card. Everyone appreciates a gift certificate, it’s one size fits all. Consider giving a fuel card, a thoughtful way to pay for a trip for your captain. Who doesn’t appreciate a “free” fill-up at the pump!
- A new tube or tube rope.
- Graphic t-shirts. We all love tees with fun sayings. Choose from among a selection of sayings such as “Life is better on the boat;” “Work like a captain, play like a pirate;” among others.
- Koozies. An affordable stocking stuffer. Boaters can never have enough of these insulating sleeves that keep a canned or bottle drink cold. Choose from the Mt. Dora logo or assorted sayings.
- Boat cleaning supplies. Cleaning supplies always need replenishing, so you can’t go wrong putting boat washes and protectors in that Christmas stocking. Consider 303 Aerospace Protect, available in a small size. This formula provides superior UV protection and protects against fading, discoloration and cracking from harmful UV rays, and also repels dust and stains.
- Coast Guard-approved equipment. You can’t go out on the water without the basics, but maybe your captain needs some upgrades. We carry life jackets, dock lines, anchors, flares and fire extinguishers to make life on the water the safest experience for all.
We’re happy to guide your shopping experience!
Stop by the Ship Store, open daily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except Tuesdays.