Buying Your First Boat
Shopping for and then buying a boat can be a very confusing and challenging process. This is especially true if you’ve never done it before and this will be your first boat. What kind of boat, how big or small, new or pre-owned, what engine and how much will this all cost are just a few of the questions you’ll have to figure out. We’ve assembled a few resources for you First Time Boat Buyers (FTBB’s) to help get you thinking about all the things you need to know before pulling the trigger. First is this video on the Buying Experience at MDBC:
Secondly, to help you navigate the waters of boat buying, Discover Boating has created the “Buying Your First Boat” guide booklet. It provides information and maps out the process of boat buying in steps. In it you’ll find information like:
1. Choosing what type of boat based on the activities you want to enjoy.
2. Should you buy new or pre-owned.
3. Steps to ensure you’re getting the best value.
4. Tips on how to Determine how much boat you can afford.
5. Buyer’s check list to make sure you’ve thought of everything.
This guide is available on our website as a downloadable PFD or you may pick up a print copy at Mount Dora Boating Center. Please take advantage of these great resources and feel free to contact us anytime with any of your boat or boating questions.